|

Friday, September 22, 2006

Tagged - The MeMeMeMeMeMeMe Questions

Doctor J's HouseCalls indicated she would like my responses to the Tagged questions.



These are are my answers to the "MeMe" Questions:

1: Do you like the look and the contents of your blog? My blog is less than a week old and therefore so new that I have no opinion. I have learned how to add favorites and to link to other blogs today....smile..talk about a newbie...

2: Does your family know about your blog? Yes, I have told them though they are not very interested.

3: Can you tell your friends about your blog? Mine is so new that I have not talked much about it. I have mentioned blogging to several with responses ranging from waste of time to will check it out.

4: Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog? Or do you try to discover new blogs? I would have very little to read....so far...if I only read those that comment on my blog. I look for new blogs daily. Though I have debated/argued a few times I am much more interested in the blogs where folks simply share ideas in a setting where no one is wrong.

5: Did your blog positively affect your mind? Give an example. So far, no...probably has had a negative effect. There is so much arguing/debating...sometimes to a childish level. I came very close to stopping and may soon but wanted to give it a little more time and dig a little deeper. It has been interesting to note the expertise that some have for politics and sports. My greatest wish is that blog owners answer the questions posted to them before adding new twists...just answer the questions of those that took the time to reply.

6: What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? Do you use a traffic counter? I saw a profile view counter...has not changed in the past few days.

7: Did you imagine how other bloggers look like? No, if they show a picture...great...if not then their words are who they are. From their words there are some really fine folks, a few mules and a couple slugs.

8: Do you think blogging has any real benefit? How about a clean maybe.... I have found myself caught up in a few that in hindsight I would have passed. I have learned to simply move on and either post or read others. I do like to leave a brief message where I visit...particularly when there are very few replies. My guess is that the blog owners want to know that someone is out there and reading their topics beyond a simple counter.

9: Do you think that the Blogsphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world? No..not at all. I think people are people. My guess is that folks say more of what they really feel blogging than they would over lunch, but that would be expected. Newsgroup posting and blogging are pretty similar as far as a thread being created with discussions about this and that.

10: Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them? No...I really don't have a strong leaning in the political world as I see both sides as self serving and willing to bend the rules a little to far. I get bored with the same hash over and over...and would prefer to find more interesting blogs. Politics is ok...but I enjoy more.

11. Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful? Mine is so new that I have not had any criticism. I am ok being criticized so long as it is in someway helpful.

12: Have you ever thought about what happen to your blog in case you died? Nope.
I don't give much thought to my worldly possessions beyond having a will.

13: Which blogger had the greatest impression on you? I have only been reading others for a few months and have enjoyed most. The normal group that has passed this survey around are good people....for the most part....silly grin. That is a great question....probably the ones that can disagree without being nasty. The greatest impression comes from those bloggers that are able to change their minds, moderate their position, say they were wrong when they become better informed. I don't understand why some people blog when they appear to learn nothing from others.

14: Which blogger you think is the most similar to you? I don't know.

15: Name a song you want to listen to. I like most music with a lean to the 70's.

16: Ask five bloggers to answer these question on their blogs. I agree with the Doc that most everyone has answered. How about I tag those that have not been so far?...you know who you are....smile.